Monday, December 19, 2011

Spring hues for winter blues

Have you ever been in one of those weird, indescribable funks? I've been pretty cranky this week and am guessing worry over starting a new job soon, planning a wedding, and some pretty big changes in my family dynamic are main contributing factors. The gray, cold weather we've been having, with temps sticking in the 30's and 40's the past few days here in NYC, certainly hasn't been helping. I've always dreaded how night seems to hit by 4:30 p.m. in the winter, making even mid-afternoon feel like time to hide under the covers.

In any case, nothing beats winter blues like staring at something lush and springlike for a while! While my minimalist self has a hard time imagining actually wearing these items, I can't stop ogling Lela Rose's incredibly beautiful, fun, delicate Spring 2012 RTW collection. Total eye candy!

The sunny yellows, azure blues, golds and silvers she uses throughout the collection make me feel like I'm floating over a tropical island somewhere, on a cloud of girly-ness..












Images courtesy of http://nymag.com

No comments: