Saturday, February 28, 2009

Making a statement

It took a while for me to get into jewelry -- I'd only started getting into wearing bits and pieces here and there about three years ago. However, now that I've started, I can't stop! A great necklace or cuff is a fabulous way to add some kick to an otherwise understated outfit, and since I keep it pretty streamlined in terms of my wardrobe, jewelry is a great way for me to add some fun to my look for the day.

Fiona Paxton is Brit textile-designer-turned-jeweler-extraordinaire who designs gorgeously intricate showstoppers. Though some of them are way too ornate, and frankly, just big, for me to imagine wearing on a daily basis, most of her work seems absolutely perfect for adding some glam and drama on days when you're just wearing a simple cashmere sweater, or a tank and jeans.

*All photos courtesy of Nina and Lola.

'Sylvie' oxidized silver necklace. This is something I'd definitely buy (if I had a hundred or so extra bucks lying around, that is). Dramatic but not over the top, and so lovely with just a basic t-shirt.


'Bianca' silver gray chevron necklace. The chevron pattern peppered throughout the necklace adds extra interest, and really lets you see the craftsmanship that goes into it.



'Maisie' necklace. This is a bit over-the-top for me to imagine wearing myself, but it's absolutely stunning. The fringe hanging off the ends also gives the necklace the fun look and feel of a scarf.




'Harley' necklace -- like how it mimics the look/feel of a cuff, but only for your neck.

All available at Nina and Lola.

No comments: