Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Oh Clutch, where art thou?

I've been on the hunt for a good clutch for a while now -- schlepping around my day bag, which I could probably squeeze a shopping cart inside, just won't cut it when it comes to a night out.

Maybe it's the onset of the warm weather, but most of the clutches that have caught my eye are in eye-popping, sherbert and candy shades rather than my usual, favored neutrals. My picks below:


Treesje 'Avalon' clutch in fuscia patent. Love this! I'm usually more into blue than red, but I've been noticing a lot of adorable styles lately in this particular, cherry-red hue.


Antik Batik 'Ramiz' bag, at Shopbop. So adorable and fun! Perfect way to spice up a plain white tee, jean shorts, and gladiators on a sunny day -- a charming, girly take on hippie chic!


Kotur 'Bugel' clutch, at Chick Downtown. For some reason, the minute I saw the name of this clutch, I thought 'bagel' instead of 'bugel' -- maybe because it looks like a bagel? A super cute, orange bagel?
Moyna clutch, at Calypso. I love the scalloped trim and sequin detail on this clutch. I am a HUGE fan of Art Deco and Paul Poiret, and this bag is very reminiscent of that era; I would completely pretend I was Daisy from The Great Gatsby carrying this lovely little bag!
*All photos courtesy of Calypso, Shopbop, Chick Downtown and Revolve Clothing.

No comments: