Friday, February 27, 2009

Prairie Chic

Western and prairie-inspired frills and furbelows are not styles I favor. In fact, I usually avoid them like the plague. Being a size zero without being six feet tall means that, about six ruffles later, and the dress is wearing me rather than the other way round.

However, hints of farm-girl-Midwestern-chic sneaking into dresses have inspired me to try to find my own version of Country Girl Cute.

The Pleated Belt Dress from Rory Beca, above, is something I could easily imagine wearing. The stripes and pleating on the front lend the dress a nice bit of the country-girl vibe, while the silk and sleek, clean lines keep the dress feeling modern. Paired with some flat gladiator sandals or open-toed wedges, I'd be ready for the county life, smack dab in the middle of the urban jungle.

Roy Beca Pleated Silk Dress, at Pink Mascara.







Another wearable rendition of Country Chic -- Wink's Blair Dress in Brainfreeze, at Shop She Boutique.

No comments: