Thursday, February 26, 2009

Nearly Nude

I've always been a big fan of nudes: pale, creamy nudes especially, but also darker nudes tending towards beige and sand. I even went through a dreaded phase where I thought oatmeal grandma-cardigans were somehow chic. Cardigan + oatmeal NOT a good combination.

That being said, I remain a staunch wearer of nude shades today. There's something incredibly alluring about the flesh-toned color on my skin, and it makes me feel slink-ily like I'm wearing nothing at all, even when I'm all covered up. Various shades of nude are popping up all over the place, in incarnations from silk to cashmere, so it seems I'm far from the only 'nude-ist' around.


courtesy of www.bluefly.com

CO2 Deep V Cashmere Dress. Simple, sleek, gorgeous, and the sort of thing I'd wear everyday -- and it's from Bluefly to boot, which means it's steeply discounted.



courtesy of www.shopbop.com

A silk camisole or top with jeans is my go-to, everyday outfit; comfortable but still polished, and I love the lingerie-ish finish to this Brochu Walker cami.


courtesy of www.shopbop.com


Clean and sleek -- A Common Thread's racerbank tank.


courtesy of www.shopbop.com


Even shoes get in on the act -- nude shoes, like clothing, give the sinuous illusion of bareness, making them perfect for sultry summer nights.






Davis by Ruthie Davis pumps. A classic, neutral pump, redone in eye-catching patent leather.




courtesy of http://www.shopbop.com/
Rebecca Minkoff Morning After Bag in cream. A ladylike satchel, a risque name, all packaged in a demure beige.




courtesy of www.revolveclothing.com

Even boots get to play -- Loeffler Randall Mathilde boots in a buttery taupe.

No comments: