Thursday, March 5, 2009

Basic Boutique Sale

Basic Boutique is having a 25% off everything in the store sale -- use code SPRING25 at checkout.

There's tons of stuff I'm drooling over on this site which I discovered only recently. Their buyers have a great eye and pick out a range of merchandise I love -- elegant, sexy, yet still girlish, fun and importantly, modern. There's nothing I hate more than when clothes are overly frou-frou and cluttered, which is the easiest way for a look to become dated.

In addition to the 25% off code, Basic also currently has a fabulous sale section with items up to 75% off.

Just some of the things I'm itching to buy:

Parker 'Ruffle Racer' blouse (above). My obsession with silk blouses has been well documented by now, and a top like this one is so perfect -- for jeans if you're doing coffee with friends, and then tucked into a white pencil skirt for work.


See above re: obsession with silk blouses. Love the graphic, architectural print on this Dorothy Lee ColorBlock version.

Ow ow! Sexy Larsen Gray corset dress. A perfect night-out-on-the-town dress. I also like the surprising contrast of a gray cotton, sweatshirt-ish style corset top added to an otherwise very slinky evening frock.

Pockets too!


Vena Cava 'Pharoahs' dress. The addition of the collar makes it an interesting twist on the standard LBD, and I like the watercolor quality of the pattern.


Quail 'Miss' dress. Alluring and understated, and like silk, my obsession with nude colors is already well documented. Hmmm. Is it just me, or are ruffles everywhere lately? In these times of crashing markets and crazed economies, do we all just want to feel young and girly again?

All available at Basic Boutique.

*All photos courtesy of Basic Boutique.

No comments: